Hallux Valgus (bunion)
Hallux valgus is due to an evolutionary deformation of the first toe segment, thereby affecting both the first metatarsal along with its two sesamoids. We have the best specialist for resolving this problem.
Causes, Click to view
– An alignment defect in the big toe causes the formation of a “bunion.”
– Use of inadequate shoes (for example: too narrow or pointed)
– Egyptian foot (excessive length of the big toe)
– Flat Feet
Symptoms, click to view
Hallux valgus is asymptomatic at first, and then gradually evolves. This evolution is usually accompanied by severe pain on the inside edge of the foot, which is accentuated by walking.
Other symptoms and complications:
– Redness and swelling along the inner edge of the foot at the level of the bunion
– Formation of calluses on the soles of the feet
– Cutaneous complications
Nowadays, orthopedic surgery with percutaneous surgery allows for overcoming these ailments quickly and it is possible to walk out of the operating room.